Wednesday, January 2, 2013

REVIEW: The Village of God by Frederick E Hosen

Title: The Village of God
Series: none
Author: Frederick E Hosen
Published Date: September 17, 2012
Publisher: Wild Child Publishing
Format: ebook
Pages: 98
ASIN: B009D4C5UW
Copy provided by: Book and Trailer Showcase
Genre: mainstream spirituality
Purchase: Amazon
Rating: 4 stars

SynopsisA village appears where only days before there had been uninhabited rain forest.
When the village's existence comes to the attention of two Christian missionary organizations, one Protestant and the other Catholic, both send missionaries intent on convincing the villagers to attend their churches. And the battle for salvation ensues.
What are the missionaries willing to do to win the "war?" And is there something they don't know about the villagers that could scuttle their efforts?
Find out in The Village of God.


Review: I was given a copy of this book by Book and Trailer Showcase for free in exchange for an honest review as part of their tour. 
I read this book from a purely mainstream, nonreligious point of view, and found some humor in it. There were parts of the book where I caught myself chuckling to myself as I watched the differences between God's wants and how the missionaries interpreted them. The end was certainly spectacular, and a prime example of the human interpretation of what we think God requires of us. 
The author did a great job of fleshing out the main characters, to the point where I felt sympathy for them, most of the time. At times the Protestant wife got on my nerves, at other times it was the Catholic priest. Throughout it all, the ones I felt the most sympathy for were the villagers. 
Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book.

Come on back for tomorrow's interview with author Frederick E Hosen!



No comments:

Post a Comment