|From the Literary Addicts Website|
After a few weeks where it was a piles of virtual books on my Kindle that kept me frantically reading, trying to keep up with the schedule, I've taken a few weeks to just sit back and read the books I want to read. Especially the books I've had on NetGalley that I've requested at the beginning of the summer with no hope to read them.
So, these are the books I plan on reading in the next few weeks:
- The Legend of Sheba: Rise of a Queen by Tosca Lee: This book has been calling me since I read Iscariot by the same author. I was impressed by her writing style, by her ability to get into the head of one of the most vilified men in the history of the world: Judas Iscariot. Don't stone me or nothing, but I kinda like Judas. The more I try to delve into him, the more I see him as a misguided human, very similar to many of us in our lives.
- Dr Who: The Crawling Terror by Mike Tucker: Since Twelve has come onto the scene, I've felt the need to dig more into this facet of the Doctor. What better than to read some of his adventures? However, I think this may give me some creepy crawly nightmares....*shudder*
- Doctor Who: The Blood Cell by James Goss: Yet another possibility of seeing more into Twelve.
- Kidnapped by the Taliban by Dilip Joseph MD and James Lund: After just finishing The Son of Hamas, I find myself on a Middle Eastern fling, perhaps in an effort to understand more of the news going on in that region.
- Psalms for Everyone Part 2 by John E Goldingay: I've actually finished this book, but haven't had the time to sit down and compose my thoughts into a review. Its been so long, I'm going to have to re-read.