Thursday, November 29, 2012

REVIEW REDUX: Cat Daddy by Jackson Galaxy

(Originally posted July 28, 2012)
 
 Title: Cat Daddy: How One Very Special Cat Fixed One Very Broken Man 
Author: Jackson Galaxy 
 ISBN: 1585429376 
 Rating: 3 1/2 stars 

 This book is basically the story of how a struggling musician addicted to legal and illegal drugs as well as alcohol became a cat behaviorist. Its a good story. It has some really good tidbits thrown in there about cat behavior, some things which I shared with my mother in law who has her very own cat from hell. The author shares his fight to become clean and stay clean. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I took out this book from the library. More cat behavior stuff, less detail about his relationships with girls and drugs. You can tell the author is definitely not a writer, but the story comes across with an honesty that is admirable. And yes, the end had me bawling like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment