Monday, February 3, 2014

It's Monday, What are you Reading?


So I completely forgot about last Monday.... I can only blame it on the flu/bronchitis/whatever it was I was battling earlier in the week previous. It's February already!!! Is anyone else as excited about this as me? That means winter only really has maybe two more months up here in New England, and that makes me one very very happy momma! No more kids with cabin fever, no more shovelling the snow, no more black ice.

Last post, I said I was going to finish Sympathy for the Devil and A Warrior's Redemption as well as start:
  1. A Sinner's Garden by William Sirls: as soon as I get it from the publisher
  2. A Tyrant's Daughter by J.C.Carleson
Sympathy for the Devil and A Warrior's Redemption were both Did Not Finish (DNF) for me, and that bummed me out. I* try really hard to never have any DNF's on my bookshelf, especially two in one week, however, when I got past the halfway mark (almost to 75% on one), and they weren't getting any better, I couldn't force myself to continue putting in energy in books I didn't like.
I did finish both of the books I planned on starting. The review for A Sinner's Garden by William Sirls can be found here. I still have to write the review for The Tyrant's Daughter. There are many reviews I still have to write.
I actually finished four books last week, to the consternation of my kids, who couldn't pull me away from my Kindle, so you can look forward to the reviews soon for:
  1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laina Taylor
  2. In The Place Where There is No Darkness by KM Douglass
  3. Glistening Haven by Jill Cooper
  4. Glistening Rebellion by Jill Cooper
This week, I'm going to be reading:
  1. Spartanica by Powers Molinar
  2. Leviathan by Charbel Tadros
I'm waiting for Compass:The Study Bible For Navigating Your Life by the Ecclesia Bible Society to come in the mail for review. I don't expect that to be in till almost the middle of February.

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! Those are new to me! Hope you enjoy this week's reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete